|When||28. – 30. April 2021 | 13:00 Uhr – 18:00 Uhr (Central European Time)|
for participants from America
|Instructor||Luz Stella Artajo Medina|
|Deadline||15. April 2021|
Q Processing Kurs Stufe 1 – Generalist | online *sold out*
CHF 696.38 zzgl. MwSt
Out of stock
Out of stock
The online version of our popular Q Processing Level 1 (Generalist) course. A short course suitable for any coffee professional along the chain (from growers to baristas) willing to learn about the main processing methods, how they are carried out, and how they impact coffee flavor.
This course aims to empower the consuming side of the coffee value chain to understand the language of, the basic biological principles of, and the intricacies and challenges of safely and consistently processing quality coffee. The online version of this course includes live lectures, discussion, and individual or group cuppings. The participants will receive the coffee samples by mail/courier. To be certified, attendees must pass a multiple-choice online exam.
The courses includes different modules:
- Role of processing within the coffee value chain: from producers to consumers. History of coffee processing.
- The anatomy of the coffee fruit. An anatomy-based classification of coffee-processing methods. Impact of processing method on coffee chemistry.
- Impact of processing method on cup character. Myth-busting session. Comparative cupping of main methods.
- Fermentation: What it is and what it is not. Fermentation in washed coffees and in natural coffees. Fermentation vs. demucilation. Myth-busting session: Comparative cupping of fermentation protocols.
- Drying: The overlooked operation. Water in a seed and how it is removed. Sun-drying vs. machine-drying.
- Issues and Challenges: Global warming, water-pollution, social and sustainability issues. Education at the origin and the future of processing.
The course will be conducted in English and is open to all from America. For further Information please contact us.
Note: This course is being held online.
If the participant is unable to participate in a course, the provider must be informed immediately and in writing – by letter post or e-mail. The date of receipt of such written notification is decisive for any refund of the course fee. The following refund guidelines apply:
- Cancellation up to 4 weeks before the course starts = 100% of the course fee will be returned
- Cancellation up to 2 weeks before the course starts = 50% of the course fee will be returned
- Cancellation less than 2 weeks before the course starts = no refund
The participant has the possibility to name a substitute participant instead of cancelling the participation. An exchange is subject to acceptance by the certification bodies and can take place up to 3 working days prior to the start of the course.
If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the provider reserves the right to cancel the course. The paid course fees will be refunded in full to the respective participants. The execution of the course will be confirmed the latest four weeks before beginning of the course.